Saturday, December 5, 2009

Final Answer: "Khazei"

Khazei for US Senate


Alan is one of the two extraordinary democratic candidates that I have considered to vote for in the primary on December 8, 2009. All four candidates are very accomplished in their own right. I have taken time to study their work, vision and proposals for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States.

The office of US Senate is not to be taken lightly, nor to be won handily by the best political operatives and insiders. The character, temperament, experiences, skills and vision of the candidates will influence the lives of millions.

Early in the race, I gravitated toward Congressman Capuano who is a fierce advocate for his district, the Commonwealth and progressive democratic values. As the campaigns matured and I had the privilege of having Mr. Khazei reach out to me personally I found myself listening and watching with curiosity and interest to someone with a refreshing perspective.

Mr. Khazei speaks to my life experience, our shared determination, my concerns for my family's future, and our shared experiences with volunteerism, my abhorrence of the power of special interests (lobbyists, corporations and PACs) within our political system, and a vision for a more equitable and therefore more prosperous future. His enthusiasm is contagious and it springs from the same spiritual center that in us all. There is joy in toiling when the work is for the greater good. There is fun in the chores that reap mutual benefits. There is nobility in serving family, community and others.

Please join me in voting for Alan Khazei (Democrat) US Senate, on Tuesday, December 8, 2009.

No comments: